NVHCA/NVCAL operates on a limited expense budget, speakers who will waive the request for honorarium or reduce fees will be given top priority.
The Nevada Health Care Association and Nevada Center for Assisted Living (NVHCA/NVCAL) is starting the planning for the 2022 calendar. We are anticipating a schedule that includes the following events; Spring Expo, Fall Convention, Virtual Training and One Day in-person events – all dates are to be determined.
NVHCA/NVCAL is committed to providing its membership a variety of continuing education topics in support of all the facility disciplines at every level in the organization. We look to you to showcase your knowledge and expertise by submitting your training presentations for consideration. Our number one priority is clinical related presentations.
PROPOSAL CRITERIA. We are searching for topics that support all aspects of the Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing Facilities post-acute & long term care, both licensed and non-licensed positions. Anticipate in-person and virtual single sessions be in the time range of 60-90 minutes in length, with one day events should be 4-6 hours. Be sure to indicate any specifics or details in the “Topic Amplifying Remarks” section
Here is a listing of some of the desired topics:
We would also consider Leadership & Motivational topics for Keynote speakers
- Any session must be educational in nature and contain no advertising of goods or services.
- Relevance to the needs of long term care professionals
- Submitting a presentation proposal does not guarantee selection. NVHCA will conduct a thorough review and contact those with presentations of interest.
- All presentations must contain a topic summary and learning objective
- Provide any Video links of previous presentation, or email video attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a reasonable speaker honorarium, and along with a nominal flat rate travel expense. For the Spring Expo & Fall Convention we’ll offer a one night stay at the venue hotel at no cost.
Deadlines: Spring Expo – January 31, Fall Convention – May 31, Virtual and One Day events are on-going.