The Nevada Health Care Association/Nevada Center for Assisted Living (NVHCA/NVCAL ), as the state’s single national representative of the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), is a nonprofit organization supporting skilled nursing and assisted living facilities throughout all of Nevada.
Our membership includes approximately 50 Skilled Nursing and 30 Assisted Living facilities and numerous health organizations that employ over 8,000 Nevadans statewide. Member advocacy and improved quality care of residents are the two pillars of the NVHCA, with ongoing education and leadership support forming the basis of our strategy for facility support.
The NVHCA advocates for each of our members – from providing updates on the latest advancements in skilled nursing to addressing common industry issues affecting long-term patient care. Additionally, our organization is a leader in the coordination of overall health initiatives shaping the future of Nevada residents. With ongoing advancements in healthcare technology and changing legislative policies influencing how care is delivered, the state of skilled healthcare in Nevada is always evolving. As such, we offer our members extensive opportunities for staying up-to-date on healthcare research as well as building an active political presence that supports progressive legislation.
Improving lives by promoting quality through advocacy and education
As a nonprofit organization, Association’s objectives are to:
- Promote public health and welfare for better post-acute care among health care facilities in Nevada
- Address common healthcare industry issues
- Improve the ability of facilities to meet the long-term care needs in your areas
- Consider the long-term care needs for the entire state of Nevada
- Promote better patient care for healthcare facility residents through education and advocacy
The NVHCA represents membership statewide, including most of the state’s skilled nursing facilities and several Assisted Living Facilities.
- NVHCA members employ over 8,000 Nevadans
- Nevada has more than 50 skilled nursing facilities and more than 300 assisted living facilities with thousands of beds
- Long Term Care facilities support $1.89 billion of the state’s economic activity.